ALL STAR HARVEST LEAGUE 2014 UMPIRES
These are a couple of important things that all assignors, managers, and umpires will need to know in the event of a rain out situation. Some important rules and regulations are also addressed.
1. The home team is responsible for canceling games in the event the field is not playable .We would appreciate if someone would make a trip to the field for an assessment before canceling.
2. In the event that the game is unplayable, all divisions should immediately contact John Morrin. Please call with the correct game number which is listed on the game schedule page. John Morrin 413-949-0716 mobile
3. Umpires Will BE CONTACTED. Umpires will not be paid for games not played. Be sure to check your messages if the weather is questionable.
4. All divisions will follow Tri Town Baseball rules for their respective divisions. If you need a full listing go to www.tritwonbaseball.com and these rules may be printed from that website. Any rules that deviate from those rules will be listed on this home page.
5. One warning per pitcher for balking in 10u and 12u divisions. Umpires should take a moment to explain what caused the warning to both player and coach.
6. Umpires are required to arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled game time. In the event an umpire has a conflict, it is their responsibility to contact that division assignor and find a replacement.
7. All rainouts must be made up even if the game is played out at the other team’s field. Follow the schedule to determine who would be the home team in the event this occurs.
8. 14 –under division will bat the 9 players on the field and are allowed an extra hitter (EH) to be used (10 players max batting) once the tournament begins, but will follow a continuous batting order in the regular season. All younger divisions will follow a continuous batting order.
9. All games are to be played out and the MERCY does NOT apply in any division. Sportsmanship should be demonstrated by all coaches, players and fans on and off the fields.
10. NO COLLISION RULE applies in all divisions.
11. 10 under division shall play 6 innings. Pitchers are limited to 3 innings per game and 6 per week.
12. 12 under division shall play 7 innings. Pitchers are limited to 4 innings per game and 8 per week.
13. 14 and under division shall play 7 innings. Pitchers are limited to 5 innings per game and 10 per week.
14. Steel cleats are allowed in the 14U division.
15. Umpires should report any incidents with coaches, players or fans directly to the assignors for that division. Assignors should contact Matt Bleakley with any of these issues.
16. Players may be called up, and play up to a team in an older division without being listed on the older teams roster. Under no circumstances will players play laterally, or down on other teams. To be eligible to play up in the tournament, a player must have played in 50% of the older teams games during the regular season.
17. Bat Sizes:
10U maximum -12
12U maximum -10
14U maximum -5
16U maximum -3 BBCOR
Maximum drop is for the protection of our players, so no exceptions will be made.
Managers and Teams for 2014:
Longmeadow Red Sox - Dino Facente email@example.com
East Longmeadow - Stuart Allsop firstname.lastname@example.org
East Longmeadow - Dan Donovan email@example.com
Granby - John Gaughan firstname.lastname@example.org
East Longmeadow Spartans - Anthony Frigo email@example.com
South Hadley - Patrick Sears firstname.lastname@example.org
Palmer- Karl Oliveira email@example.com
Belchertown Black Bears - Craig Kupinsky firstname.lastname@example.org
Ware Indians - Roger Dubois email@example.com
Ludlow Red Sox - Michael Kelliher firstname.lastname@example.org
Quabbin - James Moynahan James.Moynahan@umassmed.edu
Ravens - Dennis Cahalan email@example.com
Gators - Pete Grabowski firstname.lastname@example.org
Wilbraham Falcons - Joe Long email@example.com
East Longmeadow Hot Table- Mark Giannini EastLngmark@hotmail.com
OLSH - firstname.lastname@example.org