ALL STAR HARVEST LEAGUE 2014 UMPIRES
These are a couple of important things that all assignors, managers, and umpires will need to know in the event of a rain out situation. Some important rules and regulations are also addressed.
1. The home team is responsible for canceling games in the event the field is not playable .We would appreciate if someone would make a trip to the field for an assessment before canceling.
2. In the event that the game is unplayable, all divisions should immediately contact John Morrin. Please call with the correct game number which is listed on the game schedule page. John Morrin 413-949-0716 mobile
3. Umpires Will BE CONTACTED. Umpires will not be paid for games not played. Be sure to check your messages if the weather is questionable.
4. All divisions will follow Tri Town Baseball rules for their respective divisions. If you need a full listing go to www.tritwonbaseball.com and these rules may be printed from that website. Any rules that deviate from those rules will be listed on this home page.
5. One warning per pitcher for balking in 10u and 12u divisions. Umpires should take a moment to explain what caused the warning to both player and coach.
6. Umpires are required to arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled game time. In the event an umpire has a conflict, it is their responsibility to contact that division assignor and find a replacement.
7. All rain-outs must be made up even if the game is played out at the other team’s field. Follow the schedule to determine who would be the home team in the event this occurs.
8. All divisions will follow a continuous batting order.
9. All games are to be played out and the MERCY does NOT apply in any division. Sportsmanship should be demonstrated by all coaches, players and fans on and off the fields.
10. NO COLLISION RULE applies in all divisions.
11. 10 under division shall play 6 innings. Pitchers are limited to 3 innings per game and 6 per week.
12. 12 under division shall play 7 innings. Pitchers are limited to 4 innings per game and 8 per week.
13. 14 and under division shall play 7 innings. Pitchers are limited to 5 innings per game and 10 per week.
14. Steel cleats are allowed in the 14U division.
15. Umpires should report any incidents with coaches, players or fans directly to the assignors for that division. Assignors should contact Matt Bleakley with any of these issues.
16. Players may be called up from a younger team in the league, and play up to a team in an older division without being listed on the older teams roster. Under no circumstances will players play laterally, or down on other teams. To be eligible to play up in the tournament, a player must have played in 50% of the older teams games during the regular season.
17. Bat Sizes:
10U maximum -12
12U maximum -10
14U maximum -5
16U BBCOR -3
Maximum drop is for the protection of our players, so no exceptions will be made.
Managers and Teams for 2015:
Springfield - Anthony Ardolino - email@example.com
East Longmeadow - Tim Garstka - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jax - John McQuaid -email@example.com
Agawam Dirt Dogs
Jax - John McQuaid - firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockhounds - email@example.com
Granby Rams - John Gaughan - firstname.lastname@example.org
Belchertown Orioles - Jon Endelos - email@example.com
East Longmeadow - Dan Donovan - firstname.lastname@example.org
East Longmeadow Spartans - Bill Birks - email@example.com
Ludlow - Michael Kelliher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Granby- John White - email@example.com
Rockhounds Grey - firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockhounds Black - email@example.com
West Brookfield - James Moynahan - James.Moynahan@umassmed.edu
Monson - Tony Colucci - firstname.lastname@example.org
Springfield Rockies -Eric gaboury - email@example.com